- Place the button in an area that the user is likely to see without having to scroll down or across the page.
- Make it larger than other design elements on the page so that it draws attention.
- Think about duplicating the button - one at the top and one at the bottom.
- Keep the text short. For example, don't say "Add item to the cart", where "Add to cart" will do.
- Use local terminology. In the UK you typically see "Add to Basket", and I've seen "Add to Shopping Bag" in Australia.
Tip: Increase Conversions with Large Add to Cart Buttons
Posted Apr 2010 by